Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dirty Laundry 12

Remember, Dirty Laundry is my set aside place for all the information floating inside my brain that I deem not important enough to have its own post but still relevant enough to be posted.

So here we go.

Recently I ordered a club sandwich at a fancy restaurant. In order for the club sandwich to meet my personal specifications, this is what needed to be done. Instead of white bread, I asked for wheat. And I'm certainly not a fan of mayo so I exchanged that for mustard. I also added bacon and instead of Swiss cheese, I substituted in cheddar. After all these modifications, is my club sandwich a part of the club anymore?



After Lost, my newest TV adventure is following Jack Bauer save the world in the show 24. Am I really supposed to believe this guy saves the world on nine different occasions?

Why do bad guys on television or in the movies have really bad aim when it comes to killing the main character but demonstrate a near flawless ability to shoot the other characters throughout the rest of the film?

I found myself watching the WNBA the other day.  Seriously, I'm convinced if you teach a girl how to pivot at a young age, she'll be a freaking All-American.

Premature joculation: The act of celebrating an event before the outcome has been determined. Usually results in one looking like a moron.

Last week, one of my sisters was at Mizzou volleyball camp and the other here with me at Illinois volleyball camp.  Someday, the alliances in the Griffey household could very well be divided.  

Apple is releasing a special edition LeBron James iPhone but the problem is it only vibrates because it has no RING!

I feel bad for weather forecasters in the Midwest and whoever replaces Lou Piniella.  I wouldn't want those jobs.

If you have some time to kill, which you probably do because you're reading this, check out this article written by Paul Shirley.  It's about life and the NBA. 

Jaw-breakers is an awful name for a yummy fruit flavored treat.


What would happen if a tornado actually occurred on the first Tuesday of the month?

Did you know every time the Droid phone commercial airs George Lucas gets paid? He cleverly copyrighted the word "Droid".

Beats by Dre.  A surround-sound stereo system you can wear as headgear.  For those of you who want to impair your hearing while others who are 20 feet away enjoy at a normal decibel level.  Whenever I left my iPod on team trips, Mike always had my back and let me listen to his...while I was 5 rows in front of him.  Doesn't Dr. Dre know that if his customers go deaf no one will be able to listen to his music?

5 comments:

  1. 24 was the greatest show on earth, I'm sure you'll enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on the headphones, I've seen them, but didn't know what they were called.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff Tyler!! 24 is the way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sandwich story - check out Jack Nicholson's diner scene in the film "5 Easy Pieces" on UTube... ClaudiaW1

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the sandwich didn't come with bacon on it already, I would maintain it was not a club sandwich in the first place.

    ReplyDelete