Friday, January 8, 2010

Dirty Laundry 11

"If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing." ~ Ben Franklin

***

I wish I had thought of this. Some guy at http://1000awesomethings.com/ is reminding me, 1 day at a time, why life is awesome. Check it out.

***

Best advice ever given. Don't let school get in the way of your education.

I am declaring myself the Pete Rose of Twitter because I’ve been banned for life. I still check updates though and still get the feeling I can’t go to sleep until “goodnight” is a trending topic.

Monday is an unpleasant way to spend 14% of your life.

Whats the difference between questionable and probable on an injury list? I've also seen a player's appearance as doubtful.

The earth's like a billion years old. Celebrating every new year is a little redundant to me.

***

Why leave me a voicemail? I check my voicemail like once a month. If you need to talk to me, call again. If I want to talk to you, I’ll answer, or at least call you back. And if I call you and you answer the phone with a “Yellow!” instead of “Hello”, there’s a strong possibility I’ll never talk to you again, I’m not joking.

Went to the bowling alley the other day and noticed how the actual “bowling lanes” look perfectly polished and basically brand new, despite people chucking bowling balls down at them every single day. So what’s their secret? How do bowling alleys actually keep their lanes from getting dinks and scratches? All I know is my parents get pissed every time they find a new scratch on our hardwood floors so maybe they need to go to the local bowling alley to find out.

When I still lived at home and it was dinner time, instead of my mother yelling for me to come downstairs she’d call me on my cell phone.

Our family dog is named Rebound (not my idea), there’s got to be some humor in that, right?

Anyone else find that blue girl in Avatar somewhat attractive? I was so baffled by my feelings for her I went and saw the movie again. I've decided she is.

A Texas high school basketball team beat their opponent 170-35. When asked why he didn't pull his starters or stopped pressing, the winning coach responded with, "we were going for 200." My thoughts are that is awesome.

***

"I tried to walk into Target, but I missed. Damn."

“The thing about tennis is: No matter how much I play I’ll never be as good as a wall. They’re f**king relentless”
-Both of those from Mitch Hedberg

1 comment:

  1. I didn't think anyone agreed with me about new years! Thank you!

    Good thing I was right about the Pete Rose thing, or I would've felt like a dumbass. haha.

    ReplyDelete