Friday, May 28, 2010

Realization: Boredom

Two hours since walking in the front door home and I was already asking myself the question, what the heck am I going to do while everyone is still in school? I'm not one to sleep in so it gives me about six hours of free time to fill with miscellaneous activities to occupy my time and stimulate my brain. I know coach would like me to be working out that whole time, but that's not quite realistic is it? Video games were fun for the first couple of days, but for me to get a challenging, competitive match on FIFA is harder than trying to find money in Eddy Curry's bank account. (Any challengers drop your gamer tag in a tweet mentioning my name or leave it in the comments section of this post and we'll play sometime.)

So I was in desperate need of a hobby, something to fill the void left within those six hours, until I had someone to play with. A couple of weeks ago I asked a question on my facebook page about what's a good television show I should start get caught up on. I was impressed by how many people commented and I appreciated the input, but I had already had a show in mind. I was just waiting for it to download. (A 35GB torrent takes a lot of time with a shaky internet connection). The show I picked was Lost, and by golly since then it has taken over my life.

I'm a crack addict on steroids when it comes to watching Lost. It took me a little under 48 hours to watch the complete first season. I was too embarrassed to do the math on how much watching that actually is.

The show is bloody brilliant (Sorry Charlie's accent is rubbing off on me) and I almost feel sorry for those who watched it week by week, when the episodes originally aired. The writers of this show are geniuses at creating cliff-hangers and if I had that much time in between each Lost fix, I would have given up a long time ago. That's the just addiction, it's like a book you cannot put down, you want to find the resolution to the questions left unanswered.

Pulling myself away from the television has been difficult, but the sun and the pool in my backyard has been really good in offering enticing bribes. Seriously, who can pass up a pool in the summertime?

9 comments:

  1. haha. When I get my live account back up.....you will probably never want to play FIFA again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. iLLMuThaTrUcKa is my gamertag but I mainly play CoD...but you should add me anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aight cool. nice tag lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I'm taking summer classes and I have a lot of free time. I don't know what I'm going to do in a couple of weeks when I'm done with classes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to take a look at the show Dexter. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hubcap42 = Lord of the FIFA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try "The Wire" sometime. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try Arrested Development or Breaking Bad, though I second the nomination
    of the Wire. Best show evah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the wire has people who cuss a ton, i mean if ur into that kinda thing.
    I finished all seasons of lost in the last month of school- its the best drug out there.

    ReplyDelete