Monday, November 2, 2009

Sick of Being Sick

So, I've been a little under-the-weather as of late and not liking it one bit. More accurately I've been flirting with Death. When you're perfectly healthy and everything is going smoothly, you don't realize how miserable it would be to have a stuffy nose, hit-by-a-truck headache, whooping cough, queasy stomach, and the shits all at the same time. And when you are sick, you just pray that if somehow you could get better at that very instant, you would get up and be productive and make the world a better place.

I haven't seen another human for the past 6 hours because I haven't left the couch in 6 hours. I'm literally (or do I mean figuratively) bored out of my mind and about to go insane. There's only so much Sports Center, The Price is Right, and Oprah one can watch.

It's currently a Monday, (I hope so I haven't seen outdoors in days and I hope my counting skills are true ) and I have viewed the same Sports Center highlights from NFL Sunday like 38,000 times, the same 1st and 10 in the morning 4 times, the same Mike and Mike in the morning twice, and woah as I'm typing this another viewing of NFL highlights from yesterday. I feel like I watched every single game yesterday without actually watching a second. Creepy.

Another thing about being sick (the professionals are calling it is the flu, but not swine flu (thank God)). is the hot and cold flashes you have during the night. Freezing cold one hour, the next your body is an inferno. Must have changed clothes 18 times during the night. Oh and I almost forgot, and this maybe the worst part about being sick is what happens when you blow your nose too much, and it gets so raw and red and painful and is pure hell to deal with. Ever experience that? I'm reminded of Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer every time I look at my reflection. And every time you put petroleum jelly or Carmex on it you immediately have to blow your nose again, completely defeating the purpose of putting the gel on in the first place. Its a never-ending battle and sucks.

Well there's really only one cure for when you're sick. Yes rest, medicine, and fluids help but the best and this is a proven fact is laughter. You can laugh your worries away and that's exactly what I've been doing. Here's a pretty funny video totally un-related to this post. Welp, until next time...

TG

No comments:

Post a Comment